Patient Educational Video on Teeth Whitening
Your smile portrays confidence, but if your teeth have become yellow or discolored over time, you may not have the confidence to let others see it. Teeth whitening has become a popular treatment for millions of people looking for ways to brighten their smile, and bring back the confidence to show those pearly whites.
Common Reasons for Tooth Discoloration
Our teeth are meant to be white, but over time our habits can cause discoloration, yellowing, or worse. Some of the most common reasons teeth become discolored-many of which are preventable-include:
- Consumption of certain foods and drinks. Coffee, tea, cola, wines, and even some fruits and vegetables can stain your teeth.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco. It's bad for your teeth, it's a leading cause of oral cancer, and it's bad for your health in general.
- Lack of proper oral hygiene. Patients who don’t spend enough time brushing and flossing may see plaque buildup which cause staining or discoloration on the surface of the teeth.
- Disease, treatment, and medication. Sometimes tooth discoloration is not caused by daily habits, but instead by diseases that affect the hard surface of your teeth, such as chemotherapy or radiation. Medications with certain active ingredients can also discolor teeth.
- Age and genetics. Our teeth naturally discolor over time as the enamel wears out, or discoloration may come from a genetic disposition toward thin or discolored enamel.
Restore Your Smile
Teeth whitening has become one of the most popular dental treatments offered. At Esquire Dental Centres we have a wide variety of bleaching and whitening options, including Zoom Whitening, in-office, and take-home bleaching kits. Our highly qualified team of dental experts can transform your smile from dull to bright in our clean, comfortable, and state-of-the-art dental offices. If you choose in-office whitening, the procedure can be completed in about an hour. With at-home whitening, you will see gradual improvement every day until desired results are achieved.
To find out how our team can restore your smile and bring back that bright shine, make an appointment for a private consultation at one of our convenient dental centres in the Greater Toronto areas of Scarborough, Pickering, or North York today.
Contact us today.