While exceptional oral hygiene and regular dental visits can keep your teeth and gums healthy, it does not make you invulnerable to dental emergencies. When a dental emergency arises, it’s important for you to know you have somewhere to turn. Dr. Awadalla and the team at Esquire Dental Centres are here for you when you need it most. One way we do this is by providing emergency dental services. Whenever you call our office for an emergency, whether it’s during or after business hours, someone will respond to you quickly to start resolving your problem.
Dental emergencies can occur at any time, and often leave patients wondering what to do. The first step to handling a dental emergency properly is understanding what constitutes an emergency.
The following situations would be considered a dental emergency:
- Impact injury to a tooth (knocked out or broken tooth)
- Severe toothache
- Pain or sensitivity that worsens when eating or drinking
- Broken restoration (crown, bridge, veneer)
If any of the above situations occur, call the office immediately to find out your next step. If you are unsure if your situation is an emergency, it’s always better to err on the side of caution and call us.
So, what do you do in the meantime?
If you’ve just encountered a dental emergency, there are a few things you can do while waiting to be seen.
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers like Tylenol
- Avoid sugary or acidic foods
- If the tooth was knocked out, be careful to avoid touching the root and try to put it back in the socket or place it in a container of milk
- Use denture adhesive to stabilize a dislodged restoration
At Esquire Dental Centres in Scarborough, we handle all your dental needs, including emergencies. Call our office today at 416 203-1434 to learn more.