Dentistry has been fortunate enough to experience ongoing evolution through which dentists have learned new and improved methods for preventing and treating problems like tooth decay. Today, we can more quickly identify a variety of dental diseases, can design beautifully healthy and natural smiles, and can improve our patients’ experiences in our office through gentle techniques. One of the improvements that regularly affect our patients is in the area of dental fillings.
Dental fillings have been a normal practice for more than a century. In the beginning, fillings were made of gold. Then a more affordable option became available and dental amalgam remained the standard of care for another hundred years. Still today, dentists around the world provide their patients with this standard of care. At Esquire Dental Centres, we are committed to excellence in the restoration of damaged teeth, choosing instead to repair cavities with tooth-colored resin filling material. Fillings for our patients near Scarborough, Pickering, and North York CA are designed for beauty as well as longevity. Our patients appreciate this option for several reasons:
- Dental fillings made from composite resin have been proven exceptionally durable, even more predictable than amalgam fillings in clinical trials.
- The durability of composite fillings holds up to the intense force of biting for many years.
- Due to the nature of this metal-free material and the precision with which composite fillings bond to tooth material, there is a decreased instance of tooth sensitivity.
- The rate at which composite resin expands and contracts is much like tooth enamel, which makes this option more suitable. With this similar rate of expansion and contraction, a tooth-colored filling can remain within natural tooth structure without the risk of fracture.
- Composite resin is color-matched to surrounding teeth, wiping away all evidence of the existing dental problem and preserving the natural beauty of the smile.
- Composite fillings are bonded to tooth structure, which requires very little removal of natural material. To repair a cavity, we essentially only have to remove the tissue which has become infected.
- The bonding process that secures the filling material in a tooth achieves the tightest possible margins between the filling and tooth material, making it virtually impossible for bacteria to enter the area beneath the filling.
Esquire Dental Centres serves individuals and families from Pickering, Scarborough, North York, and surrounding areas. Contact your local office to schedule your appointment with a friendly, experienced dentist.
Back to Restorative White Fillings Page