Without treatment, missing teeth can lead to serious issues. Healthy teeth can shift out of place, the jawbone and gum tissue can deteriorate, and important facial structure can be lost. To avoid these problems, it’s important to replace missing teeth as soon as possible. At Dental Esquire Centres in North York, ON we offer dental implants for an effective, permanent solution for tooth loss.
Dental implants are the only tooth restoration option that replaces the missing tooth root in addition to the tooth above the gum. Because of this, dental implants are the only fully functional option that will look and feel like a natural tooth. Naturally, people ask, “Can everyone get tooth implants?” While dental implants are the gold standard of tooth replacement, they are not for everyone. The way to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants is to schedule a consultation.
The following are some guidelines for dental implant candidates:
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Sufficient bone structure
- Do not suffer from uncontrolled diabetes
- Non-smokers, or patients willing to quit during the process
- Willing to invest the time in treatment, which can be up to a year
The good news is that, in many cases, patients with gum disease or bone loss can eventually become candidates for dental implants after the health issues are addressed and remedied.
If you are a suitable candidate for dental implants, here are some of the benefits you may enjoy:
- Aesthetics – Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
- Comfort – Dental implants are integrated into the jaw, eliminating the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Eating ability – Dentures can make chewing difficult, especially with hard or chewy foods. Dental implants allow you to bite and chew with ease and confidence.
- Oral health – Because dental implants stimulate the jawbone they avoid bone loss, which improves long term health.
If you would like to find out if dental implants are the right solution for you, call the team at Esquire Dental Centres today for a consultation.