Many patients wonder how important it is for kids to receive pediatric orthodontic care. You’ll find that standards for care have changed a lot in the last 20 years. In the past, orthodontic treatment was often only mentioned once a child had reached early adolescence. Today, we often recommend orthodontic care much earlier to help your child’s oral health. At Esquire Dental Centres, we can help kids in the Scarborough and Pickering, ON areas.
The Following Are Some Key Benefits To Receiving Pediatric Orthodontic Care:
- Health Benefits
- Better oral health. Teeth that are straighter are easier to keep clean, which means less decay and fewer cavities.
- Less jaw pain. Jaw muscles can overcompensate for misalignment, which can lead to strain and damage.
- Physical Benefits
- Easier process. The structures within the oral cavity are more flexible in kids, which means that the teeth and jaw can adjust quicker and easier.
- Fewer speech problems. Misalignment and improper jaw structure can affect speech habits. Early correction can minimize these problems.
- Social Benefits
- Reduce risk for bullying. There are many studies that have shown the link between physical appearance and bullying. A straighter, more attractive smile can impact physical appearance and may lower the risk of being vulnerable to a bully.
- Improved confidence. Low self-esteem can affect children at an early age. When a child feels more confident in their appearance it can have a positive impact on mental health.
- Financial Benefits
- Save money. In most cases, early orthodontic care for children is less expensive than adult orthodontic care. Early intervention could end up saving you money.
While there are no specific rules for orthodontic care, it does help to know the benefits of early care when it comes time to make the decision for your child. At Esquire Dental Centres, our team provides dentistry services for kids that improve the health and appearance of their smiles. For more information on pediatric care in the Scarborough or Pickering areas, visit www.esquiredentalcentres.com today.Back to Pediatric Dentistry Page