Orthodontic care has expanded immensely in recent decades. We have gone from systems in which entire teeth were wrapped in metal brackets to those that feature low-profile, tooth-colored components that hold a strong, thin wire. Even more attractive than the most appealing orthodontic system is Invisalign, an orthodontic treatment based on clear plastic aligners that resemble teeth whitening trays.
The best thing you can do for your smile is correct misalignment. Moving forward with Invisalign treatment from our dental team in North York, Pickering, or Scarborough will depend on your exact needs.
During your orthodontic consultation at Esquire Dental Centres, we perform a thorough examination that will help us determine the extent of misalignment and bite issues. Then, we can develop the most appropriate plan to improve the appearance and the health of your smile.
The Invisalign system is an ideal solution for many of our patients, offering numerous benefits that improve the overall experience. There are specific keys to success in wearing Invisalign, some of which are related to the most successful outcome and some that are tied to the preservation of healthy teeth and gums. Our team helps patients with tips to sustain oral health during Invisalign treatment:
- Never wear aligners when you are eating. Remove them and, if possible, run them under cool water, patting them dry and placing them into their storage container. A common mistake Invisalign patients make is wrapping aligners in a napkin or tissue, only to throw them away accidentally.
- Before reinserting aligners after a meal, brush your teeth with non-abrasive toothpaste. This is the best way to cut your risk of cavities, inflammation, and bad breath. If you cannot brush, swish water around the mouth to dilute sugar residue and release food particles.
- Limit consumption of decay-causing foods during your course of treatment. This includes soda and high-sugar juices and foods. Starchy foods apply as well.
- Floss daily!
- Avoid chewing gum until your treatment has been completed.
- Wear aligners as instructed by your dentist. Otherwise you risk an extended treatment time or less-than-satisfactory results.
Straight teeth are attractive and healthier. Schedule your consultation for Invisalign treatment at Esquire Dental Centres today.